Businesses worldwide are quickly learning the value of using YouTube videos. Not only do videos entertain, they inform and put a company’s brand name out there for all to see.
Short videos are becoming more popular, but people still like to go to YouTube for all the site has to offer. Creating longer videos is one of the main reasons people use YouTube; getting prime exposure is another.
Businesses create videos in order to drive traffic to their website or blog. Promoting these videos is an essential part of the marketing strategy.
Videos should be entertaining and informative at the same time. Their purpose is to get people to a website and make a purchase. The goal of any business is making a profit; videos help businesses reach this goal faster.
Before you can market your videos, you will need to create a YouTube Business account. The steps to create this account may look daunting, but they are easy if you follow a few steps first.
This first article in the series will guide you through the processes needed to get your YouTube Business account up and running.
How To Create A YouTube Account
Creating a YouTube account is easy if you already have a Google+ page. If you don’t have a Google+ page, YouTube will create one for you. However, you must have a Google account in order to create any YouTube account. With that said, here are the two ways YouTube channels are created:
1. Use Your Personal Google+ Page
* Log onto the Google+ page that you want associated with your YouTube account. From there, go to YouTube.
* In the top right corner on the YouTube page, click on the drop-down thumbnail.
* Next, click on the ‘OK’ button on this “Create a channel for… ” page.
* YouTube has its own tutorial that will help you get your channel all set up. Follow their simple steps to completion.
2. Creating A YouTube Account Without Google+
It takes longer to create a YouTube account if you don’t have a Google+ page, but it is really no harder than with one. You simply create another YouTube account for your brand, and YouTube creates your Google+ page.
If you are on YouTube then it’s assumed you have a regular Google account. These steps will help you create your YouTube business channel:
* In the upper right corner of your Facebook page is a round, blue icon. Click on it.
* Next to the “Creator Studio” button you will see a gear icon; click on this icon. This allows you to create a new channel, or see all your existing ones.
* Choose to ‘create a new channel’ and you will be asked to provide a bit more information.
* Give your company name and figure out which category you want to put it in.
* Note that there is a phrase on this page about your channel coming with a Google+ page.
* Click on ‘agree to page terms,’ then click done.
* That’s it! You’ve created a new channel, complete with a Google+ page. The YouTube tutorials will help you understand the way things work. To find all your channels, simply click on the round, blue image on the top right corner of your YouTube page.
Remember, YouTube is an awesome source of traffic to your website. Get started making short, simple videos which you upload to YouTube. Promote the videos in social media, in your articles, in your blog, and in any other way you can think of. Don’t just produce one video, try for one video a week at first, and more as you gain experience.