Videos remains very popular among online users and when you choose to use videos in your content you stand to have a winning marketing campaign. The presentation, production quality and the content of the video are some of the factors that differentiate between a good video and one that is not that good. This means that you need to be very specific with the information the video provides as well as the style that you use to reach to your target audience.
A good video can greatly increase traffic and the production phase is one that requires lots of attention for the final results to be achieved. When you concentrate on good production for your online video, then you will not just end up with a film but you will also attract sales. A few production tips can help improve the quality of your online video for the purpose you have for it.
· Get prepared and organized before the video shoots to avoid unprofessional and sloppy results.
· Ensure that you are as original in video concept and idea. Creativity and uniqueness can go a long way in making your video stand out from the rest.
· Have a video script handy, create shortlist and draw out the storyboard to guide you and keep the shoot organized. A well scripted video will actually save you time when shooting.
· Pick casting crew who are reliable and can deliver the necessary dialogue in the most natural way possible. The lines should never sound forced and so should the acts.
· Choose a suitable set that gives the casting crew an easy time and a set that will also not sell you out considering that audiences pay very close attention to videos.
· Keep your footages as perfect as you can and do edits it after the shoot is over.
· Think about sound quality. Choose lavaliere and lapel microphones for sit down interviews, for instance to get better sound quality.
· Set up the right lights on set so that you do not end up with shadows in your videos. Your footage should not be over exposed or under exposed; the lighting should be just perfect.
· Use a tripod to shoot steady level footages. Shaky footages can be very unprofessional and can rob you off good video returns.
· Ensure that the camera is white balanced and is in focus before you start shooting the video. If you must get a professional video producer to ensure that you get it right with video quality in the first attempt.
Post production tips
· Do video edits to ensure that the final product is on point and message is delivered fast to avoid viewers getting bored and going for other videos.
· Ensure the video flow is aligned with emotional responses that you target to evoke in your viewers. The pacing, tone and structure of the video influences effectiveness of the video and emotional impact on the audience, so have this in mind when editing.
· Use b-roll footage to cover up the cuts and complement narration. The video texts should also be optimized and should remain sharp and classy.